Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pregnant Sisters

Another shower for my 2 sisters! The green & pink match the "Mod Mom" theme of the party.

The sisters are made on fondant - and I quickly learned that people are much harder to make than animals!! I wanted them to be simplistic, but frustration and fatigue made them even more so than planned. I made myself a mold for the face shape by pressing my daughter's Barbie doll face into fondant and letting it harden for several days. The larger layer is yellow cake with strawberry-cream cheese filling and the smaller is chocolate with chocolate pudding filling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lin,

My coworkers and I are having a bridal shower on the 25 of July (a Friday evening)and I wanted to see about you making the cake. we need a cake that serves 15 ish, I was thinking a single round layer. Call me and let me know what you can do!!!

Unknown said...

That was
Gina Hellmann by the way!!!!!